Here are the improvements I would like to see in the upcoming year:
- More posts: at least 2 a month. Not just from me, but from anyone!
- Design makeover: fancier looking banner, more interesting color scheme.
- More multimedia: Embed acromegaly related videos, pictures, and audio.
- Make some kind of profile page for each contributor to this blog so that people can see a timeline, what kind of treatment each contributor has had, and any other personal info they feel like sharing.
- Some kind of outreach program to raise awareness of acromegaly and therefore help people get earlier diagnosis (and more successful treatment). There are so many other professionals besides endocrinologists that can be on the lookout for symptoms: ophthalmologists, optometrists, dermatologists, dentists, orthodontists, podiatrists, hand doctors, jewelers (adjusting ring sizes), make up artists, etc etc. Can you think of more? Of course the general public should know about acromegaly too. When I think about how long I had symptoms and how long I went undiagnosed and I really want to make so no one else has to go through the same frustration.
- In-person meet up somewhere?
- Get acromegaly to show up in spell check! So frustrating that most software doesn't recognize it as a word!!