We have yet another acromegaly blogger added to the fold!
Mike writes, "Hello! I’m Michael, a 27 year old of the Mitten state. I’m a second year osteopathic medical student aspiring to be an ophthalmologist. I have a strong affinity for music and lemon poppy seed muffins. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor last December. This is my story. I enjoy reading, the human body, exchanging snail mail, and meeting new people."
Sounds perfect for this community, right? Check out Mike's blog, http://mikelenze.com, and drop him a note! I just checked his blog again today, and he uploaded some surgery pictures- WOW!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
...for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, at least (I know we are sprinkled around the globe)!
As the weather is warming up, I am experiencing different symptoms compared to during the winter. Are any of the rest of you noticing this as well?
Benefits that Spring brings:
- Sunshine: energizing and helps counteract depression
- Warm Weather: likely to go outside and get exercise, fresh air, etc)
- Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables: make it easier to eat healthy and achieve/maintain a healthy weight
- Longer Days: easier to wake up the mornings and more daylight hours to enjoy fun activities
- Flip Flops: shoes for folks with wide feet (like me) that don't squeeze!
- Heat = more sweating! Solution: wear comfortable, breathable clothing.
- Exposed skin = excess body hair is also exposed! Solution: hair removal, or decide to just go with it!
- Heat = swelling in hands and feet more. Solution: cold compresses on hands and feet, and elevate legs in the evening.
- Heat = skin oils increase. Solution: (face) blot with tissues and wash frequently, (body/hair) shower more frequently
Posted by polarchip at 3:07 PM