Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sandostatin and GH update

It seems like I'm doing extremely well. I just had my 4th Sandostatin shot. Physically I'm finally starting to look like I did 10 years ago, I'm very excited! My GH is still staying at 1.4. I need to get my IGF-1 re-checked soon. I still have some headaches but that may be related to my hypertension. I'm trying to keep my blood pressure controlled with prescription medication, but I've read some home remedies really work. I'm hoping to try a combination of garlic and calcium, or possibly the apple cider vinegar and see if I can get off the prescription meds.

I also talked to my primary care doctor about doing the shot in office. She refused in the beginning, but I just found out her husband and partner in the practice has done the shot before. They're going to start doing them for me starting next month so I don't have to travel to San Francisco!

How is everyone else doing??

2 comments:

polarchip said...

Sounds like things are going well! And it's nice that you won't have to drive all the way to SF!

Can't wait to join the sando shot club, but first I have to struggle with the insurance companies about getting the shot covered! The nurse in my endo's office was saying they need pre-approval, plus there is a patient helpline and all other kinds of stuff. Blah, blah blah blah!!

Unknown said...

This is the very first time I have blogged so sorry for anything I do wrong. I am up to 30mg shots of sando. Its hard to tell if its the sando that makes me feel bad or the other things going on.