Friday, February 13, 2009

Some good news to share

Hello fellow Acromegaly Bloggers!

Just thought that someone out there looking for encouragement might be happy to hear that my Humphrey Visual Field test I took yesterday turned out great! I went from pretty severe loss of peripheral vision in July 2005 (that's how I was initially diagnosed) to completely normal field of vision today.

I didn't get the official word from the neuro-opthamologist yet, but I have an appointment with the her next week to discuss the results and check some other things (they usually take pictures of my retinas).

Of course, if you think you have visual field loss you should get it checked out by a real doctor, but in the meantime I found this cool website that offers a test that seems similar to the one I took yesterday: testvision.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, how can I put my blog out there to share with fellow Acromegaly bloggers? I am new... my name is Paul. My blog address is below.

Thanks