Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Endo Buys Indevus

Here's another bit of news from the news feed:

(A drug manufacturer that produces an acromegaly medication has been purchased by another.)
Endo's acquisition of Indevus has shifted the firm's attention to other specialty markets, such as neurology, endocrinology, and oncology ... Endo is also pursuing the development of ... its octreotide implant, which treats a rare hormonal disorder known as acromegaly.
I think my endocrinologist mentioned something like this at my last appointment! Instead of having to go in every 4 weeks for Sandotatin or Somatuline, it would be active for 6 months. He thought the project was being shelved, but if this article is accurate, then it sounds like they will continue working on developing it! Having to go in for medication only 2x a year sounds great, as right now every 4 weeks can be a bit of a hassle.

via http://www.morningstar.ca/globalhome/industry/news.asp?articleid=286008

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Hey Ellen, this is Jeanette. You were able to help me a few days ago on this blog. I tried to email you about becoming an author, but for some reason I do not think it went through. My mother got an MRI yesterday so now we are just waiting on the results which I hope come soon. I asked her about her blood test results that her GP took and she said they were high. Obviously I knew they would be high, but when I asked how high she said 800. I don't know what that means. It does not sound good though. This is all new to me, but I know one of the goals is to have GH levels below 2 mcg/L. I do not know if 800 has to do with that number or something else in her blood work. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the MRI shows. I just hope they can treat her and that we haven't waited too long.
-Jeanette
my email address is jeanettebukowski@gmail.com

Thanks for welcoming me into the group!