Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blog Updates



Hey everyone. Ellen and I were able to meet for the first time today! It was my first time meeting someone with Acromegaly and it was a great experience. I felt like we were old friends since we'd already chatted online. And it was nice to share with each other, knowing that we've gone through similar experiences, and can truly understand each other in that way. She and her husband were so sweet and funny. And truthfully I never would've suspected she had Acromegaly if I'd seen her on the street. Meeting with Ellen also made me realize how remiss I've been in following up with people. I've noticed many of you haven't updated your blogs and I hope you'll take the time to post and let us know how you are. I hope everyone is doing ok!

5 comments:

Julie S. said...

Hi,

What a great picture of the 2 of you. What a great day it must have been. I hope one day to also have an opportunity to meet someone who has Acromegaly to swap stories so how wonderful for you both. I was just about to update my blog to share that I am 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant - without my 3weeks Sandostatin meds so I'm really starting to feel the Acro symptoms returning :(

Soon,
Julie (Canada)

polarchip said...

I loved meeting Jenny yesterday! We had a great time and it was great being able to just see her in person and talk so candidly. I still feel energized from the experience!

Julie, congratulations on your exciting news! I can't wait to read more about it!

-Ellen

Starbucks Addict said...

Congrats Julie! :-) I'm sure you'll be uncomfortable with those symptoms for a while, but it'll be well worth it ;-)

Alecia E. said...

Wonderful Photo!

What a surprise it was to check in today and see the picture of you two together on the blog. How encouraging! It makes it all even more real. Thanks for posting this!

Julie: I am so excited to hear about the pregnancy...such happy news!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.