Friday, September 7, 2007

Sando test next week!!

So I scheduled it! I'll have my sub-cutaneous sandostatin test next Thursday. They'll inject small amonts of sandostatin to see if there is any reaction, if all goes well, we'll do the intra-muscular injections once a month.

I hope it goes well. I'm not really expecting to have a reaction, I generally don't get side effects, although I'm starting to wonder what kinds of things I should be blaming my cabergoline on (my headaches? the "benign positional vertigo?" dry eyes?)

I'm going through a bit of an upheaval with my health insurance though.... I think I might switch to a managed health provider (HMO) like Kaiser. That's kind of scary to me because I've heard so many ....stories. But I've already had my surgery, and that's probably the #1 thing I would be most picky about choosing a doctor for. I'm switching over because I can't afford the co-pay on sando- it's SO expensive that even if I have coverage, I'll be paying a lot for each shot. That stuff adds up!

So I'm going to try to work with my new doctor as much as possible, and then once things get stable and normal (hopefully), I'll switch to the HMO. Like I said, I'm not doing this out of preference, it's as financial thing. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 insurances. I am seen by a kaiser Endo and they paid for Sando with no problem ($5.00/mo.). Unafortuately, Sando did not work so they are now paying for Somavert. There is a kaiser neurosurgeon in Redwood City who trained at Stanford.