Thursday, December 3, 2009

Other Symptoms?

I just read this article about a professional fighter who may be abusing HGH:


Toward the end of the article they discuss the symptoms of acromegaly, and they included one I had never heard of before:
9. Thickening of the neck
Of course, they are referring to "artificial" acromegaly due to HGH abuse, not a pituitary tumor, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this personally. I definitely experience the majority of my muscle and joint pain in my neck and shoulders, but it's hard to tell if my neck actually looks thicker. I definitely feel like my shoulders tend to be tense and elevated (almost like I'm shrugging) unless I make a conscious effort to relax them.

Are there any other symptoms you believe are related to acromegaly, but you don't see listed as a symptom? Based on my own experience, I would add:
  • sensitivity to heat and cold
  • dryness of eyes and mucous membranes
  • discharge (oil?) from the aereola
  • overproduction of callouses
  • increased thirst and appetite
Let me know if you have anything that you think is related to acromegaly that doctors currently consider a symptom.

No comments: